Friday, July 13, 2012

Disappointing thrift adventures











Pictures from the Hester Street Fair in LA(yes that is a Lobster Roll, and a Thai Tea FLOAT. I swear, so simple yet so delicious), Rose Bowl, and Swingers Restaurant.

For about a year, I've always looked longingly after my friends who frequented the monthly Rose Bowl Flea Market. I could never get a Sunday off from my part time job at Pop's Cafe since all my co-workers had church or other obligations. Last Sunday, I finally had the chance to get a day off since I was supposed to be on 'standby' for my interview in Atlanta. What I thought would be a day full of shopping led to a confusing and winding maze through the immense  amount of vendors that I had not been prepared for. After walking around for almost two hours in the crafts and antiques section with my cousin, I was finally able to locate the vintage clothing area. In the end, I ended up only buying one sweater for $5. Great deal, but I expected to leave with a lot more. I guess after a while, all the camo print and denim cut offs start looking the same. The selections weren't that great save for the few vendors that had handmade or diy-ed items that were well out of my budget. I guess the most exciting part of the Rose Bowl was seeing some of my favorite bloggers shop around and also running into some friends. I also got to see Onch..if anybody even knows who that is. Paris Hilton's bff anyone?
My cousin and I also went to the Melrose trading post to see if our luck was any better, but alas. Those darn denim cut offs plagued us everywhere we set our eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment